Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Are your kids close together in age, any words of wisdom or advice you can share??? THANKS?

I am 22 weeks pregnant and I have a 9 month old little girl. They will be 12-13 months apart... Does anyone have experience with their babies being so close together in age? Any advice or anything that you found to be easier, that you can share?





I realize I am going to have my hands full... We ( the hubby/I) are super excited about having them so close together... just wondering if anyone has any helpful advice that may come in handy??? ThanksAre your kids close together in age, any words of wisdom or advice you can share??? THANKS?
My babies are 12 months apart, not kidding. My daughter will be 2 in October and my son will be 1 in October.





First, enjoy the time you have with your oldest now. Do some special things together before the baby comes.





When your second baby is a little older try and get them on the same routine, especially naps! I have a couple hour sanity break each day now that I have them napping at roughly the same time. You will definitely need that break!





It is very busy, even overwhelming at times but remember it will get easier as they get a little older. Those early days when my son was a newborn are like a blur. Sleep deprived doesn't even begin to describe it. i never felt so exhausted in my life!





Get help if you can from a trusted relative or friend. In my case, my second baby, my son had colic. It was hard enough having 2 babies to look after but having one that screamed for hours was unforeseen and took a real toll on our family. Just try and be prepared by lining up some help now in case you need it later.





Did I mention it does get easier as they get older (and are both sleeping through the night, YAY!!) You will find the routine that works for you. Good luck and congratulations.Are your kids close together in age, any words of wisdom or advice you can share??? THANKS?
Ditto what ';Mom of Irish Twins'; said exactly, my younger one also was colicky so the first 3 months were a NIGHTMARE...I didn't go anywhere.





But he is now 6 months and my older one is 20 months and it is starting to get better though still hard, I try to get them to nap at the same time and they do have the same bedtime so that's good. I am hoping it will get better after 1 year when my little one is walking and can play more with my older one.





Also I find it easiest to get around with my younger one in a baby carrier and older one in the single stroller. We have a double stroller but rarely use it.





It's tough but they are both a joy, good luck...
It is wonderful to have them close in age. My two older ones are 21 months apart. Not quite as close as yours but close none the less. It is really difficult the first couple years but once the younger one hits about 3 it gets much easier. My oldest is 5 1/2 now and my middle child is almost 4. They are so close....they are like best friends. My middle and youngest children are 3 years apart. My youngest is almost 10 months old and we have started trying for a fourth and final child just so that he will have a sibling close to his age also. It will be difficult and trying at times but I think you will be glad that they are close in age.......good luck %26amp; congrats.
I have 2 girls 16 months apart. It was the hell when they were around 5 to 8. They had fights about everything. Now they are 17 and 15 and best friends.





For me it was easier. They youngest one got the clothes from the elder one. They had the same interest's when they were playing together, the younger one was learning faster (speaking, walking, potty train). Today they talk each other about everything and are very relaxed young ladies.
My sister and I are just 16 months apart and i think its great..


We obviously have fights sometimes, but its nice because she can be like a friend rather than just a big sister, and we're kind of just happy to spend time together. And its good because like her friends become my friends and her friends become my friends, so its good.


I guess its not really advice, but I thought you might like to know. :)
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnn





Seriously, I have two little ones that are close in age, and they have bonded. Victoria will get mad and make Amanda move out of her room, Only to move into her room a few days later.





The oldest daughter (lucky 3 girls) is often the target fo them
i have 2 boys that are 13 months apart..They are best friends consider your self blessed!
well from my experience, my brother was younger 12 months than me and we never got along.

No comments:

Post a Comment