Thursday, May 13, 2010

What's the best life advice or words of wisdom you've ever heard?

I once made fun of my dad for getting older..... I was a teenager.... he said to me with a smile... ';Time ain't stopping for you.'; I was upset. But it did make me realize that no one is immune from getting old. I have always liked my birthdays after that. I don't care how old I get, because the alternative to getting older is obviously much worse. His words of wisdom helped me deal with aging.





ooh, and also, don't float in the ocean with your nose toward the waves.....What's the best life advice or words of wisdom you've ever heard?
There are 2 pieces of advice that I always think of when asked these kind of questions:





1 - You can't change what you don't acknowledge.


2 - Take responsibility for your actions.What's the best life advice or words of wisdom you've ever heard?
God grant me the serenity


to accept the things I cannot change;


courage to change the things I can;


and wisdom to know the difference.
'What win I, if I gain the thing I seek?


A dream, a breath, a froth of fleeting joy-


Who buys a minute's mirth to wail a week?


Or sells eternity to get a toy?


For one sweet grape who will the vine destroy?


Or what fond beggar, but to touch the crown,


Would with the sceptre straight be stricken down'
my dad always tell me to take wise decision and always think of the consequences that dumb decisions will take you, leave your life it is yours your mom and i did our life however we wanted and did whatever we wanted now is your turn do not let anyone make decisions for you!! live your life day by day... he lives faaaaaaaaaaaar away from me so he tries to be a good adviser...! he is!
';There is no substitute for perseverance.';





This was a quote I saw hanging on the wall in an unemployment office.
live and let live
Treat others as you wish to be treated. I try to live by this very good advice.
Pick your battles. In other words don't let the little things that really don't mean anything bother you. You could be labeled as a complainer or nag. Instead worry about the things that could be harmful or life changing.
We do not what we ought,


What we ought not, we do,


And lean upon the thought


That Chance will bring us through
It is not what happens that gets you down, it is the attitude you take toward the event.


AND


Just because you do not know what to do, does not mean you do nothing at all.
stay in school.
  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment