Sunday, May 9, 2010

I often get VERY distracted.. almost all the time.. any words of advice?

Hey Yahoo folks! So I've been having this problem for a long time.. and for a couple of months now it's become UNBEARABLE... I can't focus on my studying...I can't remember what I've just read a short 10 seconds ago... (well... I forget only what I've read in the school books... NOT the interesting entertaining ones) and no matter how hard I try to listen in class.. and pay close attention... I can't remember what the teacher is saying.....


Even when a friend is talking to me, and I'm listening and not doing anything else, I've no idea what she's talking about... Like..I space out..





I tried to stop this... But I can't.. I don't know what to do.. I'm supposed to be studying and yet.... I'm typing this question .......


Studying for me is the toughest thing.... Please tell me how to concentrate especially on studying.. (and if you have any ideas about the rest of the stuff I'd be IMMENSELY grateful to you).... :[





Thank you in advance. :)I often get VERY distracted.. almost all the time.. any words of advice?
Honestly I think you do have either ADD/ADHD. I'm not trying to be rude but one of my friends have it so maybe you should go to a doctor and just ask them if it is possible you could have ADD or ADHD.I often get VERY distracted.. almost all the time.. any words of advice?
Has there been anything on your mind lately? Have you been eating a good balanced diet lately? Have you been getting enough sleep? Alot of things could contribute to your lack of concentration in your studying and such.





Sometimes you just really need to motivate yourself as well. Listen to some uplifting and motivating music, take a trip somewhere, possibly take a break and go on a road trip somewhere exciting. Maybe just get a change of pace going.





I used to have terrible studying habits, hence I did absolutely terrible in school, but when I challenged myself and engaged myself in the material/subject I really did alot better. Instead of thinking of it as ';studying'; technically, think of it like a game or a challenge.





Good luck hon, and don't forget to relax
To be honest, I have this same problem :]


If you have facebook, AIM, or go on youtube, you can get really distracted.


What I do is I set some time aside BEFORE homework and studying, where I chat with people, watch some videos, etc.


Then i either shut off the computer or put it away, and focus on studying, like really focus. I try to make it sound interesting to me, and to try to understand what the books are saying, things like that.


If i begin to get distracted, then I go along with it for a little while, because if I try to get back on track, it only gets worse for me.


Then i go back again to studying. Try different techniques. When studying for a test, take a blank piece of paper, and write down everything you remember that will be on the test. This makes me want to remember, and it is a great studying technique.


I always study with a little bit of background noise. I know it's a bit distracting, but it sort of trains you to shut out the outside noises.


It can be really hard to study with these boring textbooks, trust me, I know.


I hope I helped somehow and good luck!
go to a doctor and find out if you have ADD/ADHD... if you dont i would google concentration techniques

No comments:

Post a Comment