Sunday, May 9, 2010

I need some words of advice?

my husband wants to go to the marines but i'm not sure if i'm strong enough to deal with that lifestyle. i do want him to get a better job and make something of himself but i'm scared. before he signed all the papers they said he would leave june 15th but i said it was too early so they pushed it back to july 6th and they did that and also accepted his 5 waivers because of his high asvab score. i just need some advice from people who are in the militaryI need some words of advice?
My fiance is a Marine ... I think because I realized that he needed the mental discipline and it was something he really wanted to do I let him go because it was what was best for him ... he is an amazing person partly because of the Marines ... It has changed his life, and my life ...





It is hard ... being apart sucks ... but it doesn't last forever ... if you ever want to talk about it give me a shout ... I am still new, hes only been in a year ... feels like forever ...





Good Luck! You are a lot stronger than you know and smile even when you don't want to - it makes the world much less darkI need some words of advice?
if youre husband has a college degree it would be the best choice for you family, as long as he comes in as an officer this would bring great opportunities and job security. If he doesnt then the best he can do is to pick a job in the marines that will transfer into the civilian world in case he doesnt like the fast pace life, for example when i joined without a degree i choose to be an aviation mechanic and got my license to work on planes and helicopters once i did that i got out and making a decent living. Military is an easy hard life that can be rewarding but yet challenging for families
Well I think that it just depends on you and how strong you are. It's not for everyone. My husband got me pregnant right before he left for a 12 month deployment, and we don't even know if he'll make it back for sure before the birth. It works for us, but it's not for everyone.
You really need to go here http://www.allmilitary.com/spouseandfami鈥?/a> read all that you need. Join the forum and ask about anything that you cant find an answer to. These ladies are in the same situation as you and they can help you out.
It's tough for military wives. Long, long separations. Lots of moving around. Lots of divorces. In my platoon, there were 13 married guys. 9 of them were divorced in two years.
If hes a B***h then he should Not go.
I will give you what advice I can on this, have some experience. I just got a divorce from 8 years of marriage and I would say that for us, the military was definately the problem. I deploy quite a bit and that made things very hard for her. Some people do very well at it, but if you don't it would be better for both of you not to go through with it.





It will make things much harder for him overseas if you are not able to keep things together back home. Not to mention the stress on you trying to keep everything together back home when half of your life leaves for a year. I am pro military, I love it, I will do my 20 and more. I am also all about family. I just think in most cases the two are very hard to mesh together. My wife hung in there for 8 years, that is a lot. I hope this helps, if you decide to do it, go all the way. Try to get very involved so that you don't feel left out, that is the best way to do it from what I have seen.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment