Thursday, May 13, 2010

HELP! Any advice? Words of comfort?

I'm an SNHS officer, and we have our induction ceremony today. I have speak up in front of a hugeee group of people, and I'm SO nervous. What should I do? i'm so afraid I'll mess up looking at all those people.HELP! Any advice? Words of comfort?
Picture them all in their underwear.





Just kidding...





Seriously, though, the best thing to do is take deep breaths and speak slowly, and remember that these people are your friends or will be soon. Try to have fun and relax, but if you can't, just remember those deep breaths.





Good luck!HELP! Any advice? Words of comfort?
Well, just remember they're all people too...they all fart, burp, etc...My mom always told me to imagine them all in their underwear...try to imagine yourself in front of the mirror talking to yourself, remember to breathe, take your time, and speak slowly and clearly. You should be just fine...I get extremely nervous when I have to present, but I just have to take a deep breath and not get tongue-tied and rushed. When you feel confident about what you are saying it will come across sounding better...don't just ';wing it';, practice what you have to say and maybe try to rehearse with a friend or partner. Good luck!
If you can memorize a ready made speech you are halfway done. Or you can rehearse at home and have an outline ready when you go up the stage. Doing it over and over again takes away most of the nervousness, so practice. On the stage, if there is a rostrum, the platform where table when doing the speech, get hold of the corners with your left and right hand gripping it tight to control the quivering of your body. Take a few deep breaths, clear your throat and say your piece while focusing your eyes at the end of the rows of people. Pretend in your mind that you are speaking on a seashore and those people are waves. You can do it!
With public speaking people tend to talk really quickly because they are nervous. When you speak quickly you tend to mispronounce work, stutter, mess up etc making you more nervous. The best two things to do are to speak fairly loudly and slowly. You will mess up less and gain more confidence as you go. Best of luck.
First, you are going to be talking to a group of friends, and family.





Second, you shouldn't be nervous with friends and family.





Third, just know what you are going to talk about and say it.





Oh, you don't think they are all friends? But, there are no strangers, just friends you haven't met.
I have found my very shy and timid self in plenty of situations like you are about to endure. Even though I could feel my face turning red and sometimes my voice would quiver just enough for me to notice. I would just keep in mind what I had to say. Look out across the crowd but not exactly at them and say what I had to. I found this year I am getting better.


Good luck!
When I ran for student council, i had to give a speech to about 350 students. Just talk really slow. Because you may think you're talking slow when you're really talking fast. So think really slow. But try not to put the audience to sleep. Think positive. Research shows that if you think positive you'll do better. Like say something corny like'; i cant wait to give my speech!'; also pick a spot towards the back or eye scan the audience. if ur reading off a script, remember to look up. You'll do great!
Think about how far you have come and willing to share your knowledge with someone; hold your head high and be proud, there is no need to be nervous. Go in the spirit of Christ and you will be fine. Say a prayer before and after. Goodluck~!
Basically remember what you're gonna say, word for word. Like a song... then when you go up there, concentrate on pacing yourself, so you won't be preoccupied with messing up.
what is an snhs officer? once you answer that, i might be able to help you. ';D
What is SNHS ?

No comments:

Post a Comment