Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I need some nice & wise words of advice!?

im currently a full-time student, and mommy. Im now expecting my 2nd in june. I went back to school this week now showing and im getting stares. I know people dont know that im married, or that im older than i look but their stares are just bothering me, and.....urrrgggh i hate my hormones. im so sensitive!


Any advice from other mommies that have been in college and prego?I need some nice %26amp; wise words of advice!?
Yes, i am also in college and pregnant. I get alot of stares also.


So what though, I think I did pretty good. I'm 25, and this is my first child. I am in school because I am doing what needs to be done to support my child.


I am not married, but don't really care what people think of this, because it is none of their doggone buisness. I also get alot of people looking at my left hand, seeing what kind of car I drive, what I'm wearing etc. Screw them. They don't pay the bills, or put food on my plate.


They don't know your story, and don't know you. And you don't have to explain anything to complete strangers.


Keep your head and and I applaud you for continuing your education.I need some nice %26amp; wise words of advice!?
I know exactly how you feel. I was going back to the community college to get my GED and I got alot of stares too because I was around 27 weeks and showing real good. Those stares could be completely innocent. They could be looking at you and thinking ';Wow, she is pregnant and still trying to continue with her education!'; Then some people are just assholes and give you that disgusted look..especially if they think you are younger than what you really are. It can be really offensive, but you are doing something most girls wont do when they are pregnant. You are still trying to continue in getting your education and I commend you for that!! Screw those other people, just hold your head up high and do what you came there to do!!





Congrats on the baby and good luck with school!!!


Meagan W.
I know exaclty how you feel! i am 24 and preggo, but i look like i'm 17, so when im at work or in class, i can just feel peoples stares burning into me! i think that we project too much of our own insecurities/fears into other people - people could be looking at us and thinking about what they are going to have for dinner that night, but we assume they are thinking bad thoughts about us. granted, there are a few judgemental jerks out there, but their negative thoughts are really not worth it! i always think people are looking at me wondering, ';is she preggo or fat?'; so i give my belly a little rub and smile at the person staring. they will either smile back and talk to you about your baby, or they will realize they are being rude by staring and look away! once they realize how hard you are working, they have that much respect for you! kudos to you for going to school and being a good role model for your kids/working towards making a great life for them! it takes alot of strength to do that, so just remember that: you rock!! and i agree: hormones are the WORST!!
I think it is awesome of you to be in college and have a child and be pregnant. Let them stare, but you have a lot more responbility than they do. You are doing a wonderful thing and you should be proud of yourself. Be proud that you are taking a more difficult road with motherhood and school. Instead of sitting around doing nothing. You are bettering yourself. I think it just great of you. People will judge by nature, it is how you let it effect you that makes the difference. You walk proud girl!!!!!!!!!
Hey, you are doing what is best for your family. Don't let them get you down.





I hate people like that. They condemn women for getting pregnant, having abortions, dropping out of college, staying in college...what the heck?!





Good for you. Your family will be better off because you ignored them. You will have your degree and in better shape financially. Good for you!
It's probablly just in your head! Alot of colleges today are full of older poeple, married people, pregnant people... In one of my college classes there were 5 of us who were married and 2 who were expecting! It's pretty common today! Don't let it get to you!
Like you said, its just your hormones. I doubt anyone is giving you as many ugly looks as you think. People like pregnant women and think baby bumps are cute. That's all. Try not to worry too much. What other people think has NOTHING to do with who you are or what you are trying to accomplish.
It is just in your head. Alot of colleges are full of older people, married people, pregnant people. I was pregnant and in college. If people are starring just ignore it and remember..... ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE YOU.
you know, I had this problem in another way. when I was pregnant with my first child, I was unwed. I felt like I had to hide my ring finger to avoid people judging me.





In the end, it is we who judge ourselves and tend to think others are thinking similarly. just love yourself and know that you are doing what is right for you.
Girl relax. Just ignore everyone starring at you, all that matters is that you are carrying a beautiful baby inside you and that is priceless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment