Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Getting HSG test done tommorrow any words of advice???

I'm getting the test done tomm. morning at 10:30. My husband was leaving tonight to go hunting so now I don't know if I should tell him to stay and leave after lunch tomm or not. Has anyone ever had this test done and not needed anyone to be with them when it was finished like were you able to drive yourself home and/or go back to work after. I was advised to take a motrin or advil b4 I go in for there will be some slight cramping is there anything else that I should know about?


TTC#1 9months with PCOS and clomid didn't work for me. Just started 2nd week of metformin.Getting HSG test done tommorrow any words of advice???
I had it about a month ago. It's really no big deal. you cramp a little when they are going into your tubes and looking into your uterus. I bled a little after the procedure. I drove myself home and then went on to work (I'm a second grade teacher). I would take the advil before going, it will help with the cramping. The great thing about the procedure is you don't have to wait for the results. They see and tell you right then if there is a blockage in your tubes. Its like getting an X-ray, except its done internally through your vagina.Getting HSG test done tommorrow any words of advice???
Had it done last week. It didn't hurt at all -- but maybe that's because my tubes weren't blocked. I didn't even have cramping. Take a maxi-pad with you -- you may have discharge afterwards. Good luck!
just relax and breath. all you feel is a minor cramping. good luck. i've has pcos for 11 yrs. i got the hsg done, then the doc prescribed parlodel to control my breast from milking. then i was supposed to call him on 4 weeks so he could precibed me parlodel, but i was having a lot of problem with my boyfriend. he does wants to have a baby and i do too, but we don't get along sometimes.
Everybody is different but it is not a hurtful procedure if you wish take muscle relaxers or advil but do not go if you are worried go with god's blessings and everything will be okay
I had it done in June. I drove myself there and back. It was really uncomfortable for me because I did have blocked tubes and there was a lot of pressure while they were putting the dye in. Afterwards I cramped a bit so I took tylenol but I was fine a few hours afterwards.
My only advice is to make sure and take the Advil before you go in. I had fairly painful cramping when I had mine done, although the doctor said that this was unusual. Don't worry though, the Advil will take care of it (I forgot to take mine), and at worst the pain only lasts a few seconds. Good luck!
I had an HSG done, and my husband was with me. It is uncomfortable because of the cramps, but you will for sure be able to drive afterwards. You will want to take it easy for the rest of the day and make sure you take some motrin. Good luck hope the news is good. I would recommend your husband staying, any new test is kind of scary, but you will be ok.
Well relax I had it done in June it was a little pressure towards you ovaries like when you have to tinkle. Its more the stress of the unknown. Just relax when they do the procedure. I took some advil and took a nap you will be sore for about 2 days!


Good luck!!
  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment