Sunday, May 9, 2010

Discipline question.. any words of advice?

This past weekend my daughter and I had fun together.. it was her birthday last week and we went out and did things we don't usually do. We just had a good ol time. Sunday afternoon things went a little bad though. She asked if I would buy her something and I explained that we had already done a lot and I could not. She started being very disrespectful and smarted off using a profane word at me. We left the store and I took her home. At home I gave her an old fashioned spanking for it. It was not the way I wanted to end such a good weekend. A spanking is no fun for her or is it me, but she was very disrespectful and will not be cursed at by my seven year old child.


She is still a little upset about it, she is not pouting like she was yesterday, but she is not back to talking to me like usual. I want to sort of make up with her, but I do not want to apologize for the spanking. She earned that. I'm close with her, she's my angel, but I do not and will not tolerate this kind of disrespect. I'm going to have a talk with her this afternoon, does anyone have any advice on what I could say? She has always hated getting a spanking, but they have been effective. I'm just looking for advice and do not want to be judged.Discipline question.. any words of advice?
Do not apologize for the spanking; it was deserved. Ask her if she knows why you spanked her? If she says yes, then talk to her about ways to avoid having a repeat in the future. Tell her that she's a little girl and that there's no use a little girl hase for profanity. Let her know that she needs to listen to you because you're her mother and you are trying to point her in the right direction in life and you would never do anything unless it was to help her learn something from her experiences. This was a lesson in actions and their consequences. She's 7, so that should give her something to think about; and if she still wants to sulk and be upset, then just let her- she'll get over before you know it. You are the parent and you don't have to ';make up'; with her if you just gave her a spanking she justly deserved.Discipline question.. any words of advice?
Good job, Mom. Stick to your guns. Of course you regret that you had to spank her, but it was correct.
You did the right thing in my opinion. I would sit her down and ask her if she understands why you spanked her. If she says yes, have her explain it to you and correct any misunderstandings. If she says no, explain it to her. Follow this up with reasons as to why you didn't buy her what she wanted and that even though the weekend had been a celebration of her birthday she can't always have everything she wants.





Again, I think you did the right thing. I would have done the same in your situation.





Good luck!
You put your arm around her and tell her';I am sorry I HAD to spank you, but I am not going to be talked to that way by you hon.It is wrong for you to talk that way to anyone and you need to learn there is consequences for bad behavior.I love you but I won't hesitate to spank you again if you need it,because I want you to grow up to be a decent adult.';If you do not learn to obey me, then you won't obey anyone else and that will get you into a lot of trouble later on,ok?';


Then tell her it's all good.
what do you mean by a spanking? is this an american term? if a child has done something wrong then its up to you to reprimand them at the time, you do not wait until you get home to do it, this is because the child has usually forgotten what they have done wrong, can i ask what was your attitude towards her whilst you were walking home? were you angry or did you act normal? if a child acts inappropriate you have to tell them off at that time no matter what, if you wait, they will have forgotten what they did wrong, you asked for advice you got it call nanny 911. if you have to resort to .spanking . your child then you have lost parental controll
  • elizabeth arden
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment