Sunday, May 9, 2010

Could anyone offer words of advice?

Hi, I'm a gay 18yo male and need some words of advice. I haven't even come out yet, and thought a chat room would be the best way to explore this sort of thing. I found this guy that I really liked online--every time we would chat, i would get butterflies in my stomach. (I knew it was real) Everything seemed to be going great. Yesterday, he told me that he only wanted to be friends, and i reluctantly agreed--I wanted more than that. Now, it seems like he is completely avoiding me! I look forward to chatting with him at the end of the day and he's never there. I know he's online though, because i can see when he's signed into another chat with different people. I haven't talked with him in about a week. What do I do? It is so torturous when you really like someone and they seem like they don't like you back. I don't know what to do. I'm feeling extremely depressed.....Can anyone offer any words of advice? I don't want to feel this way anymore!Could anyone offer words of advice?
This may sound like a ridiculous answer coming from a straight girl but I have been in a similar situation where I thought I was madly in love with someone (Not saying yours is just a thought). But, it may be possible that the butterflies are actually just telling you that those feelings are the right feelings to be having. Because he is the only person you have really found it may be an idea to talk to other gay men to see if you feel that way with them or whether it is purely him as opposed to the situation. Email me if you want someone to talk to. I'm a good listener...Could anyone offer words of advice?
That's confusing, on his part. After agreeing to be friends it seems like he's avoiding you. Do you chat directly? YIM? AIM? MSN? or just in chat rooms? You should ask him directly, when you get the chance.





That's your only real way of knowing.





Plus keep in mind he's a guy you met on the internet.





50% of the time they are fake, not how they seem on the internet....so be careful.
Unfortunately, internet relationships without any sort of visual contact or true interaction don't always work out well, especially at a young age like yours. If your area is tolerant of homosexuality, try being out more and try finding a boyfriend near you. Trust me, a long-distance relationship isn't the best choice.
well i hope you didnt expect a real relationship online cuz that wont work. plus coming out in a chatroom isnt really the best way. do it in person. it will be harder but its best. plus if you meet somebody you'll know they're real. ppl online r whoever they SAY they r. not who they REALLY are. hoped i helped!
Forget him, he obviously isn't interested in you, or he would be like you and couldn't wait to talk to you again. Get to know some other guys, I'm sure he isn't the only decent one out there!
You should have just told me you were gay. Honestly, now I don't know how to deal with you anymore. It is best for us to be just friends. Sorry for disappoint you in the chatroom...
I agree fully with the Insigne in gender, number and degree.
I agree fully with the Insigne in gender, number and degree.
Maybe he's not a homo- and likes torturing them :))
I hope I don't offend, but this is my honest reaction.





I think you may be reluctant to form a real relationship, as opposed to an online one. It's easy to be anonymous online, but you can't be anonymous when you are person-to-person.





The fact that you are not out yet shows that you are, perhaps, not ready to acknowlege your sexuality in a face-to-face situation, and are therefore resorting to online relationships instead, perhaps because they are less threatening.





And I can understand how this would be so.





Online relationships can never substitute for genuine human contact, and it is not to be expected that they can.





I strongly feel that you need to form some real-time, person-to-person relationships. They do not necessarily need to be romantic. Just friends. People with whom you can enjoy time together. Because online friendships can never substitute for genuine human interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment