Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm flying over 4,000 miles tomorrow, i'm nervous. Words of advice?

Im flying from Florida to Manchester UK on a visitor visa, and i'm nervous about getting to UK customs and being denied entry into the country.





There's no reason for me to be denied, but I have decided to stay for the entire 6 months that UK immigration allows. I have booked my flight from July 7th to January 5th, 2010. I'll be arriving in the UK on the 8th technically, so that leaves a 3 day gap from the cutoff date.





Will immigration give me problems about this? I'm staying that long so I can spend time with my boyfriend, as well as see the sites.





I've been twice before. Last time customs gave me problems because i didnt have a return flight. But this time I do.





Will I be ok? I dont want to be sent home. I havent seen my boyfriend for 5 months. :( Any advice would be great!I'm flying over 4,000 miles tomorrow, i'm nervous. Words of advice?
The only problem I can see you having is that I'm assuming you're staying with your boyfriend?...so when asked where you're staying that would be your answer. Having a boyfriend here and staying for the maximum time kinda implies that at one point you may be looking to live here... So, they might be a little hard on you for that. I wouldn't ever recommend lying to a customs or immigration officer, especially because people are usually so nervous over nothing they clearly show they're lying...but perhaps when asked where you're staying you should maybe say with a friend... Or, if you say your boyfriend...have back up answers ready to convince them that trying to live here isn't your goal.





Basically, any immigration officer of any country wants to know...


Why you're here?


Are you gonna cost us any money? i.e, do you have money to support yourself?


Are you gonna go back? i.e. do you have something to go back to like a job and family. This is why you got issues for not having a return flight.





I would perhaps repost this in the UK section for more specific advice.





Good luck.I'm flying over 4,000 miles tomorrow, i'm nervous. Words of advice?
European customs are a cake walk you'll be fine. Just hand them your passport and if you're asked questions answer them honestly. Yeah, a lot of immigration authorities like the see that you have proof that you'll be leaving the country. So have proof of your return flight just in case. A lot of times when I go through foreign customs they barely question me. Its a different story coming back to the States though. You get grilled.
';purpose of your visit?'; visit my BF, do touristy stuff


';how long will you stay?'; a little less than 6 months





(STAMP)





enjoy your stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment